Friday, April 02, 2010

days in the Valley/bike rides/haunted bridge/firing squad/phone zone

BITCHFESTS were the best. there must have been around 13 total. the A-town crew usually chilled in the living room and watched skate videos so if you saw Andy get off the couch, you knew something worthy of documenting was about to go down. (screen cap from ancient history)

and while we have the VCR out, Sheer Terror at Middlesex. 1993. I was there.

a day in the valley with Dave means pizza, coke and trick lists


new cruiser set up

den of iniquity

i'm the furthest thing from a vinyl junkie but I must admit the 2 slabs on back wall would make sweet additions to my box in mom's basement. anybody got a spare 7G's laying around?

"now that's what i call marine biology!"...movie? (no homo)


Spirea X...anyone?


gotta love new skateboard day








it's funny how before i lived here I'd always associate "Philadelphia" with center city or the skyline. now that I've been here for awhile it's the furthest thing from my mind. I make it "downtown" maybe three times a year (and two of those are for dental appointments).

it was pitch black inside. i just stuck my hand in and snapped a shot with the flash fully expecting some crime scene/bloodletting ritual to be revealed on the LCD screen upon review.




I like the dried sludge strip on the rear reflector from tire spray during the past season's winter rides. I ain't washing it neither.


reflecting seductions

a rainy night means deck upgrades and wheel rotations



first thing that came to mind





new yogging shoes


i hate skating with a phone in my pocket but i hate skating with a camera in my pocket even more. part of me feels like it's almost cheating posting "phone pics" on here but then i realized that's the gayest/lamest/most self involved idea i could possible waste my emotions on. anyway, the following are a bunch of pics i took with my phone when the Hoot stayed at home. this is the life I've chosen. and so without further ado, I give you the Phone Zone. (ps 3 people will get the "Hoot" reference)




creatures from the blue lagoon







Stewball, corner pocket. (I couldn't find the Peter, Paul and Mary version which is what I grew up on but this will do)



Bert L. Mann showed up







Steal away to the dark end of the street
You and me


testing out the new solo digs for an upcoming jaunt with the bros

here are some old pics from Dave's collection. what's more American than a boned out frontside on a mini ramp in a barn while wearing a Judge shirt? not much.

a young Snotrag

NoNeck slider, aisle 7

another bird's eye of the Crippler. Don is shaved for battle while Friar Tuck plans his first wall

Jim, Sean and me. Louisville skatepark. 2004?

Don and Jim keep things interesting in the pit. Atari in Montreal.

I'd like to go back to this pit one day and properly document it.


packing up the warehouse ramp and moving it to Pen Argyl for storage. end of an era. that was a long fucking day. I think I was 12 or 13 in this pic.

Dea was showing some paintings on Girard. obviously it was sunny inside

then to JB's for some ginger, oyster crackers, chocolate eggs...

...and of course Jenga.

I win

Ahh, Wilderness at the Khyber











they stopped us and asked if we could take a group pic. note the horns thrown up in the background

church basement. "You own a church?"...movie?




Northampton County Historical Society of Dental Health




















off to the park!

Garrett and Ant were there

locals had a photo shoot going on. skate bettys will never die.

fun session and the day was just beginning

next up was finding this local attraction















i caught my expectoration mid flight



then over at the pig farm...




oops, wrong setting










only the essentials

quick but mandatory hit


greatest manual pad ever

who's up for a hike?



wait, what's that up ahead?







take your place at the altar



he cut a necklace in the shape of a leaf out of metal and then proceeded to drop it in a pile of leaves. bummin'


Naivurtiv Nam







2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You make me want to dig through some stuff and find some old pics of you to add to your life archives:)

10:42 AM  
Blogger Brett said...

is this Hair?!

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home