Friday, April 09, 2010

carnival/Lowdown comes east, dudes go bowling/camping on Loyalsock Trail

white trash carnival down the street







haha






Fact. I've shared more desserts with Jon than anyone else in the city of Philadelphia. I'm pretty sure we have a rep with the majority of the waitstaff in the Fishtown/Northern Liberties area. While this one was better than the spicy pepper cookies at JB's, next time I think I'll just write CHOP a check. At least it was for a good cause.

Lowdiggity came in from Londontown for a few days so the KU Krew met up at the lanes

13 years ago...damn

obviously


cheers to Dan for hooking up the penthouse lanes

Ron haggles with the electronic scoring system

"The quicker I roll this frame...

...the sooner I can get back to my pale ale and tots"

(Dan contributes to the phone zone) "Hey Brett, remember Fov?"

Chris asked Salon Joey for the Paul Revere



John VanDine gives me a much needed lesson in smart-phoning

final frames, I needed to focus.

the approach...

the release...

the rapture.

great fucking night!

dinner at the VanPollard's before a weekend get-a-away


Addison says, "Let's eat!"

then Matt, his brother Chris, his friend Glenn, Chris (Pierre) and myself were off to the Kayes' family cabin for some long overdue outdoorsy type shit. "Yo, who has my corner piece?"

Reese Forbes stretches are mandatory before we hit the trail

Harley helps out any way he can

Into the grütz







father and son take in some scenery


once you figure out the steps to get across to the middle, it's always fun to watch everyone else attempt it.

Glenn makes his own route out


"Dude are you sure that's where you stepped?"






phew! if Chris hadn't done his stretches he would have taken a header for sure



Pierre says, "Time to take the bridal off the pony and get dunked."



"Anybody pack the Pert Plus?"




the scenery was horrible


photo shoot for Chris' solo album. I shoulda sepia toned it for effect.





lost. moss only grows on the north side of trees right?

the ascent begins





possible B side inset?


uh oh. temperature's rising, time to convert

Glenn stepped in my dressing room and followed suit. pull the curtain.

don't worry, your monitor is fine. the glare off my ham hocks is just affecting your white balance

Above the knee is fine by me. (my summer motto)

perfect spot for some R&R







Tough Mudder training. bring on the Ball Shrinker





Pierre, mid conversion

the action was documented from all angles

Kayes Brothers Outdoor Expeditions



we reached Sonnes Pond at last


back into the Okefenokee trying to figure out next move. (long story short, I fucked up and left my keys in Matt's car so we had to reassess our route being as we couldn't complete the loop we originally planned)

after a day on the slopes, Chris was hungry.


Chris always takes full advantage of downtime on the trail

a decision was made and we took a detour back to the bridge en route to a site we passed earlier that morning

the sun was beginning to set on the other side of the ridge





sum up this hike in one word Chris. "Strenous"




settled in for the evening

my new digs

Matt and I have the same tent so I had to look for the Chucks on the front porch to know which was mine




man, talk about a smoke 'em if ya got 'em situation.





evening footwear of choice. keeping it casual on the rocks as always




doesn't get much better

"starving" comes nowhere close to describe how I was feeling at this point. Off to the kitchen. Let's eat.

organic obviously

Chris got a little over excited stirring his boiling pad thai and dumped some on his slippers. Since I was the group's Eagle Scout I obviously had the first aid kit packed.

cancel the Medevac. catastrophe averted, looks like he'll keep the foot


nothing beats a good fireside chat with the bros



good night

good morning. unzipped my tent at 6:30, gathering kindling at 6:32. on the trail, four things are mandatory; food, water, a fire in the evening, a fire in the morning. "Hey Chris, you're done with that Anderson Cooper article right?"

Java Joey says, "press, plunge and pour"


homestretch


back to the homestead for some target practice


Chris only throws from the cock

everybody now, "Pull!"


choose your bird

peep the airborne spent shells. caught 'em mid ejection. 1 for each bullseye





"Wait a sec, I gotta to switch something up"

just needed to adjust the site to "from the hip"


Now that he got a whiff of gunpowder, look for Chri...pardon me, Deadeye at your local range.

"I think I could go quail hunting."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home