Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Bethlehem Plazax2/skate day with Lost Soul/bridge jump/camping/LOMO zone

Kim took this video way back when and I finally got around to posting it. That was a fun evening.

perusing Kyle's blanket on First Friday

"Get the fuck outta here with that thing"

ghosts


never even knew this garage existed. I'd be happy with any single one of these machines.



5:45 Saturday morning. Dave and I were off to the plaza

the soundtrack of our relationship


apparently Brian was the first one there! I don't think I've skated with my brother in over a year.


first ones there. they were still making the dough.

great day so far!

glad I tossed the cruiser in the trunk


the little girl was fascinated



then it was a Philly spot day with Lost Soul





another day in the office for Max





Millionaire Status

spots like this are the reason I keep a cruiser set up (or two) in my trunk. hadn't been here in over 3 years.


Billy contemplates the $20 drop in


Art class before the session. every time I go here I ask myself "Why am I skating here again? This place sucks." But then I always end up skating and having a good time.


Ray's memorial piece to 1990-1994


"I always forget which way they face" (relax, he was just drawing a kite)



déja vu

then we went here and worked on our lines



Anitra Ford (obviously)

finished an old roll in the LOMO and was pleasantly surprised to see some pics from last winter, which just happened to be one of my favorite winters of all time


"You're going to reap just what you snow"...get it? eh, I'm grasping, probably had to be there.





wow, that Lou Reed reference was really lame. pardon my tangent. this is still the LOMO but back to present day
, just testing the aperature











I think I found my line




look for more Lomography in upcoming posts!


Mazzy, sticker we ripped off for a shirt design, Algonquin Peak in the ADK's, Lost Lake at the base of Mount Hood, OR, ascending Algonquin

table for one



back to the plaza!

southside concrete casuality

off to this classic Valley spot


gets a little steep near the top (supposedly there have only been 3 tricks pulled on the lip)

we out

following the historic, enlightened path


"In the event of a nuclear war, these will be the only things left"...movie? (hint, Chuck McCann)

the early 90's, aka the lean years

snappy dills or spicy mustards?

a given

this became a full on hijinx session which was fucking great. where the fuck was Don?




"wait one more"

"let me get one from the roof"

i think i did less than 5 tricks the whole time. too busy laughing. "Remember when that dude talked shit on Don's Judge shirt and he flipped the merch table?"


my turn in the gutter. beam shot.




back at the lake


later still, after a run in with Sling Blade, we set up camp. Kim was on hatchy milatchy duty

gathering utensils


then it was down to the river to watch the meteors. catch and release with an Alaskan King


6 am, scoping the scene


running through a mental check list of all the ABD's



no matches!

I opted for a few more Z's





ok, now we're back in the LOMO zone. you can use your head to put shots in sequential order


























thanks for your time

5 Comments:

Blogger Indian Giver said...

Whoa so much awesomeness in one blog post!!

3:35 PM  
Blogger geechybond said...

haha... evil bong 2...

5:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gotta love the air jesus mandals on dave...nice look.

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

where is that building with the big vert wall? i live in the valley i wanna hit that spot

7:44 PM  
Blogger Brett said...

Easton. Pemcore? Pencore? don't know the exact address. not far off 22 at all. at the bottom of college hill.

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home