Monday, April 19, 2010

Phillies game/a night in the rain/NYC/archives/Dust Bowl



Jim offered me a ticket to a Phillies/Nationals game. stellar seats on a fantastic day.




the hot dog canon is my favorite part of the game




edge of the storm




Mr. McCloskey told me all great illustrations have some red in them.




first on the street in hopes of an empty park

success

in my 8th grade health class we watched a film about emotions. there was footage of someone walking through the woods with classical music playing. then the music switched to some creepy synthesizer track and the whole scene took on a different meaning. it's kinda like when i switch to the phone zone.




i concentrated on the quarter. relearned an old trick and picked up 2 new ones. stoked.


you could really feel the coping which makes all the difference.





read about this years ago. been wanting to see it in person ever since. American anarchy.






into the archives



hate, spirituality, drugs, tv

i think this was Kate's 15th

Perkins after Dorney was the nightly summer ritual

this photo could be called Sore Subjects. (matt's nuggets hat and my no escape tee. MIA since the early 90's. if you see 'em, get in touch)

Scarlett's. my first time on stage.

andy would pretend he was puking off the side of all the rides. no matter how many times he did it, it was never not funny

Louisville ghetto-mart

Poheez, the Geech, Ballins, The Max


Mazzy would start in my bed, then go downstairs to Brian's room in the middle of the night and then come back up to my bed around 6

a few years ago Chris, Ray and I had a skate day in Delaware. This spot is gone

sweeping the big pit

Chris documents our doubles routine

Chris and Matt help bring in customers to the Barto Brothers garage sale

clean up and bbq at Greg's ramp in NJ

my college graduation picnic at Community Park. note the ramps in Matt's truck. we had our own traveling skate park everywhere we went that summer

at Jer's house watching X-Files after the picnic. everyone was in food coma at this point

G-Spot prom at Kutztown. Stairway to Heaven and Hell

the big lake

Andy hitting on girls in Myrtle Beach

in high school all the hardcore kids hung out in the bus entrance

my 22nd birthday at Chile's

the 2nd bacon suit was stepped up a bit from the original. this one allowed for much more mobility

before

after

we all got New Eras in Tijuana

Blindside basement show. I couldn't wait to bleach my hair once I got to college. I felt like such an individual!

pre TransLove Airways show at Silk City festivities

high school camping trip

the second handrail I ever slid. next to the Emmaus Diner. red Chucks, check.




Tornado of Knives at ABC no RIO (pics by Jen Brogle)






Pirates Cove (Froustet took these)



Horrorscope, written and directed by Ron Pushkar. Tif's portrayal of the "jogger" in the opening scene got everyone's heart racing. Talk about a nail biter!

Nate stole the show as the old man. He totally immersed himself in the role.


Brian's death scene at Kegger's ramp was intense!








ok, enough of that. back to present day. Dust Bowl mission, take only the essentials.

Don selects the tunes. Got any Ace of Bass? I do.




enter the void




Blitz was blaring on the DeWalt...

...the weeds were in bloom...

...great session. Radish Legs took a cool movie of a triple run that I'll post if I get the ok from her.

then we raced against the setting sun to find this spot. thanks Max.

we could only get in a few runs before it got too dark


we'll be back. this place has insane potential. where's my trowel?



Just for the Hell of It. 60s mod B-movie night

2 Comments:

Blogger fracturedlens said...

I have to session the DustBowl soon!

9:52 AM  
Blogger Brett said...

few things beat the sound of Indy's clacking onto a curb set into a ditch

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home