Tuesday, July 13, 2010

more fireworks/the ramp/tons of skateplaza pics!/snake lake

I need to take home-ec again. there's a reason I sweet talked Kristin Serensits into finishing my banana pillow in 7th grade



posted up in the parking lot again for fireworks after the Phillies game. I probably overdid it with the amount of firework pictures (ya seen one, ya seen 'em all). whatever, just scroll through fast
































Jim hooked me and my dad up with tickets to Saturday's game.





great seats! prime foul ball territory. had it not been for Kami's proficiency on the line, I definitely coulda snagged a few.

opted to bed down in Emmaus Saturday night to cut down on drive time for the following morning's session

gap view



"This maneuver entails the back truck grinding an edge or rail, while the front truck hangs over the near side of the object, leaving the edge of the deck to rub the lip/edge. This trick was named after its inventor Mike Smith. It is considered by many to be the most difficult basic grind trick.The backside version was originated by deaf Florida powerhouse Monty Nolder."



"whoo!"




if your back foot doesn't look like this you're not doing it right. (mine never looks like that)





rest of the crew showed up

switch trowlfaz



the next 4 were taken with Carl's Nikon which I had absolutely no business handling. "F-stop is the same as aperture right?"




made the mistake of starting a game of SKATE on the flat bottom. "no swimming until there's a winner"



gone are the days of my dialed half cab flips...long gone



it really wasn't a pretty sight

my record for consecutive double kickflips was 9. that was in 1991 at Lincoln on my H-Street Colby Carter. My brother, Bortz and Kresge were there. Sometimes I miss 1991. I hope Derek is doing ok these days. My mom always had a soft spot for him cuz she knew he came from a fucked up home. One time when we were skating the bank at Lincoln he was trying bonelesses off the pipe that stuck out the middle of the high end. He broke his arm but kept trying it until he stuck it. The first time I saw marijuana it was stuffed down Derek's sock. I think we were in 7th grade.

time to get dunked


xDrug Relatedx



Saturday morning. Off to "skate day". 4 hours after Blue Hawaii and 3 hours after head hitting pillow.


glad I got up so early so I could sit around on a curb for an hour and a half waiting for the park to be unlocked. at least Matt supplied the potassium.

basically I was back in philly by 10am since, after 15 minutes of skating, I threw my back out on a shoddy excuse for a Texas plant. I sat on the bleachers for a few minutes to assess my options: sit in hot sun watching everyone have fun skating while I feeling like this or cut my losses, drive back to philly, lay on a bag of ice and just chill. congrats to Po for getting it done. See you in the taco.



return to Snake Lake








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home