Monday, November 22, 2010

NYC/urban exploration!/the woods

I recently spent a weekend in NYC skateboarding, getting tattooed, visiting friends, pizzaing and suicidal tendenciesing. I took this pic and then remembered I hate taking pics of skateparks so I put the camera away and just skated.



you couldn't pay me to be stuck underground in the subway on a day like this

south on the Hudson River Greenway, left on Canal, through China Town, over the Manhattan Bridge, south on Jay, round the corner to Smith...a 5 mile push. glad I opted for the cruiser (and remembered my maps)



tight crew for the weekend. My attempts to convince Don to get a crucified skin on his chest were to no avail.



if the term "valley day" had a definition, it would read: A term commonly given to a 24 hour period consisting of the following activities; death metal, the plaza, pizza at Westgate, the trench, Double Decker, Yocco's (next 3 pics by Steve Dyer)



weather like Sunday's was begging for a lengthy pedal. spot check on the main line.


Thankfully, Dave and Kim have pretty much become my partners for getting into places we're not supposed to be in. No way I was going in this one alone.


Kim had my back with the blade. This part was easy

I'm not gonna lie, getting in was scary. squeezing headfirst through a hole into complete blackness with no idea what was in the room I was pulling myself into. I extended my arm to snap this self portrait. the split second of illumination the flash provided only made it scarier. It reminded me of that game at Halloween parties when you're little where you stick your hand through a hole into a box labeled "GUTS" or something and it's filled with spaghetti. In this instance however, the box probably would have read "PISS IN YOUR PANTS"

here's what it looked liked without the flash

we were on strict time/daylight constraints so we hightailed it straight to the roof






a low, red moon in the northern sky. Where's Aunt Beru?

back inside I was just holding my hand out and clicking the shutter. it was so dark I couldn't see what I was taking a picture of.


It was like Vincent Price's laboratory in Edward Scissorhands plus the hospital in 12 Monkeys plus a zombified Grand Central Station


freaky!


a little TLC on the escape route. see the door that's ajar behind us? let me tell you how fun it was to unlock and open that when I first got in.

thankgiving eve cassette organization at JB's. The unreleased Pinstripe songs may finally make it to my college playlist

Thanksgiving morning. Dad inspects my handling of the burn pile.

Obviously only one match was utilized.



41.060N/-75.591W



ps I'm glad we got our spelunks in when we did.

Read the article here. I hope they weren't stuck in the vampire bat cave.

2 Comments:

Blogger Indian Giver said...

I still can't believe we got in.

I'm actually terrified to go back after seeing the pictures... that place is definitely as creepy as it looks!

9:29 PM  
Blogger clay said...

Been bummed on Westgate Pizza the last couple times I've visited home. Doesn't taste like it used to. Like Yoccos but go with Potts as my fav.

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home